Family Immigration

U.S. immigration and nationality laws allow citizens and lawful permanent residents (green card holders) to sponsor certain family members for permanent or temporary visas. The Law Offices of Jorge Rodriguez-Choi offers more than 15 years of experience guiding clients through the process of helping family members come to the U.S. — legally and permanently.

Contact attorney Jorge Rodriguez-Choi to discuss your legal concerns.

Helping your family immigrate to the U.S.

Jorge Rodriguez-Choi has the experience and skill to handle all aspects of family immigration for clients in California and abroad.

•    IR visas: For immediate relatives of U.S. citizens, including spouses, unmarried children under 21, adopted children and parents of children who are at least 21 years old
•    Family immigration visas: For family members of U.S. citizens and permanent residents (green card holders). There are annual limitations to each specific preference category, which is based on the applicant’s relationship with the citizen or lawful permanent resident. Family-based preference visas are available to children of U.S. citizens (who are not eligible for an IR visa); spouses, minor children, and unmarried adult children of permanent residents; and siblings of U.S. citizens.
•    K-1 visa: Jorge Rodriguez-Choi assists clients in obtaining a temporary visa for a fiancé(e) or for a spouse who is awaiting processing of his or her green card. Temporary visas are available for:

•    K-1 visas: Temporary visas for fiancé(e)s of U.S. citizens (K-1) and their children (K-2)
•    K-3 visas: For spouses of U.S. citizens married outside of the U.S. (K-3) and their children (K-4); or marriage visas (an IR visa or CR visa — depending on the time married when the visa is applied for)

The Law Offices of Jorge Rodriguez-Choi has the knowledge and experience to assist you in determining your options for gaining permanent or temporary residency for a family member. Jorge Rodriguez-Choi will evaluate your situation and the current state of the USCIS immigration laws, and recommend the best course of action.

Contact an immigration attorney in San Francisco and Oakland who can help you

Call the Law Offices of Jorge Rodriguez-Choi at (415) 912.1000 or contact the firm online. Attorney Jorge Rodriguez-Choi offers a free 10-minute telephonic assessment. The firm serves clients in San Francisco as well as throughout California.